Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Meet Author of Blue Fire: Angela Castle


1. What or who inspired you to start writing?
Since my early teens, I been writing little stories that I used to share with my younger siblings. Stemming from my obsessive reading habit, but as life does it can get in the way of dreams. Up until a year ago I started thinking about writing seriously with a view to being published. I stumbled upon a book from a famous writer ‘Gena Showalter’, after reading it and quite a few others. The though lingered in my brain ‘yeah, I could write something like that.’


2. How did you come up with your idea for Blue Fire?

I know the idea is not uncommon taking an ordinary person placing them in extraordinary circumstances. The idea of Blue Fire But I wanted ordinary people much like myself to also feel good about themselves after reading it.


3. What expertise did you bring to your writing?
I would never claim to have any expertise, only a practical knowledge that I have gleaned from constant reading, watching and observing. My learning curve over the past twelve months has been a very steep one.


4. What would you want your readers to know about you that might not be in your bio?
Being a writer does not mean you have to be good at spelling and grammar, those I am not particularly good at. But it has not stopped me from telling my stories. What you are passionate about you learn about every little aspect of it, even if it seems a mountain you may never be able to climb. Don’t worry it just do it.

5. As far as your writing goes, what are your future plans?
Writing has become a passion I can’t deny. My WIP box is expanding on a weekly basis. There is no short of ideas rattling around in over active brain. My future vision is to see them all written and published.


6. If you could be one of the characters from this book, who would it be and why?
You expect me to say Jane right? And you’d be right and why not we have a lot in common.


7. Can you give us a sneak peek into this book?
The land of the Kell is a place where things are looked at from different perspective. Things are seen not just through eyes but through the heart.


8. Do you belong to a critique group? If so how does this help or hinder your writing?
‘National November Writing Month’ has a great website for those committed to writing novels, and a great forum of people willing to help with ideas or critique anything from your stories to your synopsis, and cover letters. It’s been a great help to me.


11. Do you outline your books or just start writing?
It seems the first three chapters of my books are simply written without outlining. Then after that I sit down and outline the rest of the book. I make up my character profiles including their bio, nature and goals.


12. Anything else you might want to add?

I want to thank my friends and family who have supported and helped my ‘writing addiction’ listening to me go on and on about my characters and scenes, and proof reading for me.

Thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment